Choosing the right Colors for Small Bedrooms will help in giving a more spacious look to your haven. In this article, you can find some great ideas about color schemes and décor to help you make the right decision.
Small Bedroom Colors Floral Bed Curtain Ideas
Bedroom, my favorite place in my apartment. I am sure you will agree that it is the only place where you can relax and be yourself. Bedrooms don’t just mean the place where you sleep. It means the room where you can keep your privacy intact. You can share a personal moment with your loved one in the bedroom or even spend some time alone with yourself. This the reason, why bedroom décor should be pleasing and soothing as it helps relaxing the mind and body. If you have a small bedroom, you can make it look a bit bigger than it actually is by choosing the right colors.
Paint Colors for Small Bedrooms
It is very important that you choose the right colors for small bedrooms. If you choose dark colors or the wrong shades, it could make your bedroom all cramped up or depressing.
Wall paint color schemes small bedroom design ideas
Choose Light Shades
Light shades are the best for small bedrooms. If you have bedroom that is very small, never choose dark shades as it will make you room look even smaller. It will make the bedroom appear dark and dingy. You want to make your room look a bit big and cozy, thus, choose shades that are light. The best shades that will do well for the room are pink, lavender, yellow, or blue. Pink helps make the room look young and lively. Rose, lilac, and mauve give a delicate touch to your room. Blue and lavender help give a cool and relaxing feel to your small bedroom. Yellow adds vibrancy and cheer to small space.
White Shades Colors for Small Bedrooms
White shades are the best colors for small bedrooms. The white color helps reflect light and thus, makes small spaces seem larger. It helps give an airy and light feel to the bedroom. If you have used pale blue, lavender or mint green as your bedroom color, you can add a more spatial feel to the room by adding a deep gray color to the edges. The designs for these rooms that have a darker shade than the walls.
If you just don’t like plain simple white colors, then you can go in for the different shades of white. You can choose a white with pink tone, yellow tone, blue, or even a green tone.
Small Window Bedroom Curtains Wall Paint Colors Ideas
Colors for Nursery and Kids’ Room
If the bedroom is to be used as a nursery, then you should go in for light pastel colors like soft yellows, pale pinks, mint greens, or very light sky blue color. If the room is to be used as a kid’s bedroom, then you should go in for light lavender shades or light green shades. You can opt for two shades like light green with yellow tones to add a warm touch or try a cool look with blue and lavender tones. You should paint the ceilings and the walls with the same color. This helps create an illusion of a higher ceiling.
One of the main things that takes up space in a room include furniture. Choose the bedroom furniture to give a spacious feel and make optimum use of the available space.
- Choose a box bed for such bedrooms. This is because they have storage space that helps when you lack necessary space. You can place wheeled drawers or trolleys under the bed that can be filled with extra blankets, pillows, bed sheets, etc. You should use thin frame beds as it will make the room look delicate and airy. Place bedside tables that have drawers and have enough space to keep your photos, alarm clock, glass jug, etc.
- You should make sure you use multifunctional furniture pieces that work at different things at the same time. For example, you can use a chest of drawers that functions as a table desk as well as coffee table. Use tables that can be folded or tucked under larger furniture. You should line up all the large pieces of furniture against the wall. This will help keep the center of room open and make it look more spacious.
- Place your furniture at an angle. This visual trick will help your room look larger, rather than small.
- If you wish to use sofa and chairs, make sure they have open arms and legs. This gives an appearance of free space, and allows light to pass through them, thus, giving an illusion of more space.
Bedroom designs for small rooms are as important as choosing the right colors.
- You should place mirrors around the room as it helps add dimension to small rooms. Place the mirror in such an angle that it exposes the light airy side of the bedroom.
- The other important thing for small bedroom design is the light. Allow the natural light to flow into the room. Use light-colored drapes and curtains that allow enough light to keep the room illuminated. You should fit electrical lights in such a way that it helps create a visual feel of large room.
- Do not cover the walls with many pictures as it will take up all the attention in the room.
- Arrange the bedroom furniture as well as design in such a way that the focal point of attention is the bed.
- Do not place large rugs in the room as it takes away the sense of spaciousness. The floor should be kept clear for more space.
Neutral wall paint colors small bedroom for men ideas
These were a few home décor ideas related to Colors for Small Bedrooms along with a few tips on furniture and design. Keep your bedroom free from clutter, neat, and tidy. The colors used should be light, pale shades when decorating small bedrooms. Muted color tones help give a relaxing ambiance to the bedroom and make the room appear larger.
Colors for Small Bedrooms