Thinking of purchasing an LED mirror for your bathroom? LED bathroom mirrors are a great addition as they help in providing some much-needed light when you’re getting ready in the morning. When purchasing a mirror, you’ll need to consider a few things before going ahead with your purchase.
The first thing you’ll need to consider is the dimensions of your wall. Not only do you want your mirror to fit but choosing a larger mirror for smaller bathrooms will help make your space look bigger. Then, you’ll want to think about the design of the mirror as it should effortlessly fit into your bathroom aesthetic.
How to Choose a Bathroom Mirror
You might think “meh, it’s just a mirror”, but liking what you see every morning when you walk into the bathroom is important. And it’s not just that, you want to invest in quality products for your home. So, what should you know before spending money on a bathroom mirror?
- If you want a balanced look in your bathroom, the sizing of the mirror is important. Vanity mirrors shouldn’t be wider than the vanity (there are, of course, a few exceptions to this rule), so it’s safer if you just choose mirrors that are just as wide as the vanity. As far as height is concerned, the mirror should reach about one foot above your eye level.
- Those of you that have multiple sinks should consider buying two separate mirrors for a much nicer visual effect. Alternatively, you can choose a mirror that’s just as wide as both the sinks.
- If you plan on placing sconces on the sides of the mirror, then you want to opt for a smaller one. This adds style and functionality to the wall right in front of the sink.
- If you want a mirror that can double as storage space, why not invest in a medicine cabinet? These are usually inset into the wall and the mirror conceals storage that might be of service to you.
- Round mirrors give your bathroom a certain appeal that rectangular mirrors can’t seem to replicate. It can become a focal piece in a bathroom filled with straight lines, and they work really well with pedestal sinks.
Types of Bathroom Mirrors
You’d think that bathroom mirrors are only available in a couple of options, but there are loads of different types to choose from and knowing all about them puts you on the right bath to opting for a product suitable for your bathroom:
- Framed mirrors are available in many different styles and the frames can be simple or ornate.
- On the other hand, frameless mirrors have buffed edges and they’re better for a contemporary bathroom.
- Lighted mirrors have a built-in light that makes it really easy to put on make-up or just concentrate the light around the mirror so that you can get a better view of what you’re doing.
- Vanity mirrors are designed to sit directly on the vanity, and they usually have two sides, with one of them being magnified.
- Venetian mirrors have a glass-etched design that doubles as the mirror’s border. They are really elegant.
- Medicine cabinet mirrors are mirrors that conceal storage shelves and they help get essentials out of the way. They’re excellent for small bathrooms.
- Pivot mirrors are mounted onto the wall using two hinged points so you can tilt the mirror to the angle that suits you.
- Extension mirrors have arms that can be swung or extended with an accordion mount.
- Ledge mirrors have ledges that can be used to store bathroom products or decorative items, like small plants that could find their way into the bathroom.
Are LED bathroom mirrors any good?
Yes, they are, especially if you perform tasks in front of your bathroom vanity that require light concentrated around the mirror. Even if they are a bit more expensive compared to other models, they are perfect for those of you that like to put on make-up, for example, or for those of you passionate about morning and evening skincare routines.
Do LED bathroom mirrors need electricity?
Even if there are some models that don’t, the general answer is yes, LED mirrors do require electricity in order to work. However, one of the major benefits of LED bulbs is that they are way more energy efficient compared to other types of bulbs out there, so they are really worth the investment.
What is a backlit bathroom mirror?
A backlit bathroom mirror is essentially the same thing as a LED mirror, only it isn’t limited to using just LED bulbs. The idea behind the product is the same: you have a mirror with integrated bulbs that uses electricity to light them up.
Top Bathroom Wall LED Mirror Ideas
If you’re getting a LED bathroom mirror, you could be overwhelmed with the number of options out there. To help, we’ve gone ahead and provided details of 9 of some of the best LED bathroom mirrors in the market that’ll hopefully help you with making your decision.
1. Modern Frameless Lighted Bathroom Mirror with Shelves
This modern hardwired LED lighted wall mirror is both versatile and aesthetically pleasing. It diffuses a white warm glow behind frosted glass and even has a touch sensor feature with two different color options that can be optimized in accordance with your mood. You can choose if you’d like to mount this mirror either vertically or horizontally and is perfect over any bathroom vanity.
The mirror is copper-free, environmentally friendly, and has less chance of corroding in comparison to its silver counterparts. It has an excellent LED back light and provides great illumination for your bathroom. With this mirror, you won’t even need any additional lighting as it’ll provide you with everything you need. Additionally, the mirror also has an anti-fog function, a dimmable function that can be controlled by a touch button and is both waterproof and moisture-proof.
2. Albinson LED Bathroom/Vanity Mirror
This LED bathroom mirror will add a modern aesthetic to your bathroom while illuminating the space. What’s great about this mirror is that it has a magnifier portion that’s great for those that need a closer look while they’re putting on their makeup or getting ready in the morning. It’s also a larger rectangle horizontal mirror that’s perfect for larger bathrooms.
This lovely mirror also comes with a touch sensor switch along with warm/cold color-changeable lights. The colors of the light are yellowish-white if warm and has more of a bluish-white color if cold. With an acrylic light diffuser on top of the mirror, this is truly a perfect purchase that’ll have you putting your best face forward every morning.
3. Severn Modern & Contemporary Lighted Bathroom/Vanity Mirror
For some gorgeous illumination every morning, this lighted bathroom mirror has got you covered. It’s quick to install, and the hanging hooks mean that installation is a breeze. The mirror is also fitted with LED lights that have a lifetime of approximately 40 years, and the super white light will provide you with all the brightness that you need.
Another unique feature of this mirror is its super-sensitive touch button that you can press to turn on/off the light. There’s no flicker with this mirror light, no UV, and is also mercury-free. With optimal brightness, accurate color, and remarkable clarity, this is truly a great mirror if you’re looking to start your day in a better light.
4. Ketron Modern & Contemporary Dimmable Accent Mirror
Feel confident getting ready every morning with this Dimmable Accent Mirror. It has a modern and contemporary look to fit with any bathroom aesthetic and the back light mirror adds an additional touch of brilliance and style to any bathroom decor. Feel free to place the mirror vertically or horizontally, and it’s great for all your needs from putting on makeup to blow-drying your hair and more.
Need to add this to your restaurant or hotel? No worries, this mirror is perfect for those spaces as well. Installation of the mirror requires hard wiring so you may want to get a professional electrician for the job. The mirror also has magnifying qualities, and it’s dimmable and well-suited to all your needs.
5. Pigg Glam Frameless Lighted Bathroom Mirror
This gorgeous frameless lighted bathroom mirror has all the functions you need. It’s got a sensor touch that has memory controllers, along with color changing and dimming features. All you need to do is place your finger on the sensor touch, and the mirror will automatically turn on/off. Need your mirror to be a tad brighter? Simply adjust it to meet your needs.
If you’re not a fan of mirrors that fog, you’ll be glad to know that this mirror comes with an anti-fog function. It’s also crafted with copper-free silver for a reduced corrosion rate, is environmentally-friendly, and also energy-saving.
6. Casperson LED Bordered Illuminated with Bluetooth Speakers Bathroom
If you’ve always been one to enjoy playing music while getting ready, this LED bathroom mirror is perfect for you. It’s got Bluetooth speakers that border the mirror along with a continuous white LED light to take your bathroom to greater heights. The bathroom speakers have built-in high-quality audio, and you can control the volume from your Bluetooth device or even directly from the mirror.
With great pairing capability, the demister feature also ensures that your mirror stays illuminated at all times. With its bright white lights, this is a fantastic mirror to add to any bathroom space. Due to its high-quality construction, you also won’t have to worry about the bathroom rusting, and the coating helps with fogging – especially in high-humidity climates.
7. Alcalde Mordern & Contemporary Frameless Lighted Bathroom – Vanity Mirror
For a modern mirror with a clean design, this frameless lighted mirror is the perfect addition. It’s got a contemporary look that’ll add brightness to any bathroom. Since it’s slightly wider than most mirrors, it’s great for bigger bathrooms and is incredibly easy to mount. All you have to do to turn on/off the mirror is by waving your hand in front of the sensor.
It also has a lovely frosted pattern on four sides of the mirror along with an acrylic light diffuser on the back of the mirror. Since it does need to be hardwired, it’d probably be best to get an electrician to help you professionally install the mirror.
8. Moores Reflection Dimmable LED Lighted Frosted Edge Bathroom/Vanity Mirror
This frosted edge mirror is the perfect addition to your bathroom as it comes with various features that’ll provide you with everything you need. Its touch sensor means that all that’s needed is a wave of the hand for the mirror to turn on and off. It also produces a cool color when switched on and goes well with a contemporary bathroom.
Individuals that have purchased the mirror have given it rave reviews and mentioned that the dimming feature is also great. If you’ve always wanted to have a snazzy mirror, this particular mirror will have you covered and ready to start the day every morning.
9. Leopoulos Modern & Contemporary Lighted Bathroom / Vanity Mirror
For an elongated LED mirror that creates a natural look, this is the mirror you should be purchasing. It’s also long-lasting, eco-friendly and energy efficient. There are three soft touch switches that you can easily turn on/off and use to adjust the brightness or change the color temperature. The frames help in giving the mirror some extra protection while sprinkling an elegant design.
Other features of the mirror include a de-fogger that keeps your mirror fog-free, along with the ability to adjust your brightness options in accordance with your needs. The mirror also produces high-quality task lights that are perfect for putting on your makeup, while the smart memory function will remember your favorite setting.